Move into a leadership position with a master’s degree
Are you a B.S. in Informatics student who’s focused, motivated, and interested in helping traditional industries implement their digital plans? You can get your master’s degree in as few as two semesters with the Accelerated Master of Science in Information Systems program.
A partnership between Luddy and the IU Kelley School of Business, this program gives you the opportunity to bridge the gap between your undergraduate education and workplace expectations. You’ll likely begin your career with a higher starting salary, and you’ll have the skills to rapidly move up to a leadership role.
If you’re pursuing a B.S. in Informatics, you can apply to the Accelerated M.S.I.S. program at any time, from freshman year (if you’re a direct admit) to after graduation. You must complete the pre-M.S.I.S. requirements listed on this page. If you’re a senior, you can enroll in the summer M.S.I.S. JumpStart program after you graduate, which will allow you to complete all of the prerequisites in just three months.
Admission to the Accelerated M.S.I.S. program requires:
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2
- A bachelor’s degree in informatics
- Completion of business and technology prerequisite courses
- Names of two IU faculty members who are willing to serve as references
- Interviews with the Kelley admission committee
GMAT/GRE scores are waived for students who meet the admission requirements.
You must complete the 18 credit hour pre-M.S.I.S. business cognate, which includes:
- BUS K201 The Computer in Business
- BUS A201 Introduction to Financial Accounting or A200 Foundations of Accounting
- BUS F300 Introduction to Financial Management
- BUS J306 Strategic Management and Leadership or BUS Z302 Managing and Behavior in Organizations
- BUS M300 Introduction to Marketing
- BUS P300 Introduction to Operations Management